Tuesday, November 16, 2010

And so it begins...

I’m starting this blog because I’ve been unemployed 4 times in the last three years. Each time I reached out to the internet to find some free help and advice in my job search and came up empty almost every time. The internet is a frustrating place when you are looking for a job. If you are like me, you have waisted hours on the internet looking and looking… not even sure what you are looking for half the time! Resume advice, connections, any advice, just give me a job! The best part is when you spend hours looking for a job, spend an hour applying to it, and 10 minutes later spend 10 seconds reading the reply email “thank you for your application, unfortunately we found other candidates with experiences that better meet our needs.”

My goal is to build a site that the job seeker will want to set as their home page (I actually don’t care if you do). The point is, the site should be a toolkit. Part of your arsenal. Providing you with quality information, useful tips, and links to vetted resources.

In order to make this site useful, it will undergo many changes in its first few months. Please feel free to provide feedback that will make it better for you. It is your site!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jobs by Careerjet